Achieving that toned Instagram physique with sculpted muscles and reduced body fat is something we all secretly desire. But how many of us are really willing to put in the work to get our desired body? If you’ve finally buckled up to go all the way this time but having trouble finding the perfect workout routine, then loosen up. We have got you covered, from head to toe, quite literally. Here’s a round-up of the best workouts to achieve your body goals.
Target Area: Entire Body
How to: Talk about exercise feeling like a daily chore! This method has you covered thoroughly and it is the oldest, most efficient trick in the hat.
- Start by jogging at a slow speed.
- When you can feel your body has warmed up, increase the speed while making sure that you are maintaining a balanced forward posture.
- Take proper breaks to catch your breath at desired intervals.
Sets & Reps: 4-5 days a week for at least 20 minutes.
2. Jumping Jacks
Target Area: Abs, arms, back, shoulders, glutes, quads, hamstrings, obliques, and pectorals.
How to: Ready to be nostalgic? This workout is going to feel like your childhood play.
- Stand straight with your feet together and your hands at your sides.
- Jump up just enough to spread your feet out wide and simultaneously raise your arms above your head.
- Jump up again and land with your feet close together and your hands again by your side.
Sets & Reps: 3 sets of 30 reps
3. Jumping Squats
Target Area: Glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves, and lower back.
How to: Girls get ready for a little remix of squats & jumping jacks!
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Push your hips back, bend your knees and come to a sitting position. Make sure that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Now launch your body upwards and lift your hands above your head as you jump.
- Land softly with your arms by your side.
- As you land to get back to a squat again and repeat.
Sets & Reps: 2 sets of 15 reps
4. Rope Jumps
Target Areas: Entire body.
How to: After all who doesn’t love skipping ropes?
- Stand perfectly straight with your feet together and one rope end in each hand.
- With the rope behind you initially swing it above your head to bring it in front of you.
- When it comes in front of your feet jump and let the rope slide by and get back in the initial position.
Sets & Reps: 3 sets of 50 reps
5. Hip Thrusts
Target Areas: Glutes, lower abs, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
How to: Move your hips, ladies, because this trick’s not lying.
- Sit down facing away from a sturdy bench. Flex your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor. Now lean back and place your arms and shoulders on the bench.
- Push your hips upwards and when your neck, spine, and hips are in the same line stop and maintain the position for a moment.
- Lower your hips but do not let them touch the floor.
- Start lifting them again when they are about to touch the floor.
Sets & Reps: 3 sets of 12 reps
6. Elbow Plank
Target Areas: Abs, shoulders, and biceps.
How To: Hold that position for a moment because endurance is the key.
- Start face down on a mat resting on your forearms and knees.
- Now push off the floor, and onto your toes, so that you are resting mainly on your forearms.
- Keep your back flat.
- Hold as long as you can. You can start by holding on for 20-30 seconds and then increase the time.
Sets & Reps: 3 sets.
7. High Knees
Target Areas: Glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves, and lower abs.
How To: Play on some tunes and get ready to march to this.
- Stand in a straight position with your feet shoulders width apart.
- Extend your forearms in front of you, with palms facing down, so that they are at 90 degrees with your arms.
- Jump alternately on your right and left leg such that your knees touch your palms.
Sets & Reps: 2 sets of 20 reps.
8. Flutter Kicks
Target Areas: Glutes, hamstrings, quads, abs, and lower back.
How to: This one is a sure shot method to get those toned legs.
- Lie down on your back with your legs extended. Keep your arms alongside your hips, palms down.
- Now slowly lift your legs off the floor so that they are at an angle of 30 degrees with the floor.
- Keeping them straight, lift your right leg and lower your left leg. Make sure your legs don’t touch the floor.
- Now reverse, by lifting your left leg and lowering the right.
Sets & Reps: 3 sets of 25 reps.
9. Weighted Russian Twist
Target Areas: Obliques, abs, and glutes.
How To: If you want those dream abs you have to give these a try.
- Sit down on a mat and hold a ball in your hands. Your feet should be flat on the floor.
- Now lean back a little bit and lift your feet slightly off the floor.
- Then twist to your right and then to your left.
Sets & Reps: 3 sets of 20 reps.
Target Areas: Pectorals, deltoids, biceps, triceps, lats, and abs.
How To: It’s the time to show off your strength ladies.
- Assume a face-down position on the floor with the hands directly below the shoulders. Press your toes into the ground and stabilize your lower half.
- Tighten your abs. Squeeze your glutes and flex the knees.
- Keeping your back flat lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor.
- Keeping your core engaged push back to the starting position.
Sets & Reps: 2 sets of 10 reps.
What do you think about this article? Don't forget to share your thoughts in comments section below.